Jan 9, 2013

Secondary school

I miss
tying my hair into a ponytail
every weekday morning
with a white or black ribbon over it
but mostly white.

I miss
calling pinafore, aprons
putting a yellow tie around my neck
tugging at it when the weather gets hot
and only wash it once in a two months.

I miss
dreading to classes
especially Moral, Sivik and PJ
and BM too.

I miss
walking around the school
like it was my own
entering the principal's office
like it was second home
together with my buddies
we bend the rules
and get out safely.

I miss
doing mic-checks
messing around with the sound
strolling behind the stage
rolling wires till my fingers hurt
testing my strength by lifting speakers
and taking all the 'technical error' blames.

I miss
secondary school
where I was no longer a child
but not old enough to be an adult.
I was something in between
and I don't intend to find out.



No comments:

Post a Comment