Aug 21, 2012

Doll up

Googled 'doll up' and this photo came up. Beautiful Taylor Swift.

Ever since I started college - or ever since I have the freedom to dress however I want in college, I became a life-size Barbie doll to my mother. Seriously.

She starts flipping pages of fashion magazine and imagine how would I look in this or that outfit. She walks into a boutique, hold up a pretty dress and put it at my side, imagining how pretty it would be if I wear it. I am thankful for my mother's attention, but if she isn't buying it for me, then don't try to tempt me with pretty dresses that we can't afford. 

"You are young. Any clothes will look good on you," says my mother. 

I think every girl likes to doll up. You know, to make oneself pretty. To feel beautiful. To be able to walk out of the street and feel confident about yourself. However, money is our only problem. Pretty dresses comes with price tags that are made of gold. 

Children clothes. Since when do they get so pretty and pricy? When I was a child, I have no pretty dresses that resembles dresses in Forever 21. I just wore an oversize T-shirt with shorts and run around the neighbourhood. If I am lucky, I might even get my favourite cartoon on my T-shirt. Kids nowadays.

However, no matter what, dolling up my daughter is a must. I am going to make her my life-size Barbie doll. But first, I have to find a rich husband or something... :P

No comments:

Post a Comment