Apr 16, 2014

Bride Of The Century

How can you ignore this face? T.T

When I found out Lee Hongki is starring in a new k-drama, assignments were forced to put on-hold, because I know I couldn't resist watching this drama. He is playing a chaebol (rich man/heir of a company), and that's a rare sight to see. Plus, Yang Jin Sung plays the female lead. After watching She Is Wow, I've taken a liking to her.

Na Doo Rim (Yang Jin Sung) and Choi Kang Ju (Lee Hong Ki)
This drama focuses on a rumour that the first bride of Taeyang Group's eldest son will be sacrificed to the ghost guarding the Choi's house. Jang Yi Kyung (Yang Jin Sung) is engaged to Choi Kang Ju (Lee Hong Ki), who is the eldest son of the Taeyang Group. Their engagement is purely arranged, and it is to benefit Jang Yi Kyung's family company who is going to hit rock bottom. However, the thing is, Jang Yi Kyung's mother found out about the rumour and how Choi Kang Ju's mother had planned all of this to happen. Of course, who would want their own daughter to be sacrificed? But what about the company? Therefore, they hire a knock-off Jang Yi Kyung, Na Doo Rim (also played by Yang Jin Sung) who looks exactly alike to stand in. So, what happens if Doo Rim fell in love with Kang Ju, but knowing she is only a knock-off? And what about the haunting rumour?

Bride Of The Century, I admit, is a drama with a predictable plot (but which drama isn't right?), but I am completely hooked onto this drama. Maybe because Hongki is there, but I must say the cast is amazing. Yang Jin Sung, who plays two roles, is amazing in this drama. Her perfect representation of two different characters were amazing to watch, and I would say she is an excellent actress.

I SHIP.

The entire drama was really pleasant to watch. There were plenty of hilarious scenes and heartbreaking scenes, that nearly make me cry. The chemistry between the leads are really great. But to me, the best thing of this drama is how Hongki had to tone down his appearance to fit the role.

As a fan of the FT Island's lead vocalist, I know very well Hongki has an eccentric fashion sense. His hairstyles are out of the norm, he paints his nails, and he wears the weirdest clothes existed. I have nothing against his desire to be different, but it's certainly nice to see Hongki in a more...normal appearance. As the heir of a company, Hongki would have to look like a decent businessman, so he dyed his hair black and remove his nail art. And of course, right after the end of filming, the eccentric Hongki is back.

I thank Bride Of The Century for this.

I believe this drama makes me realised that I prefer Choi Kang Ju more than Lee Hongki. Haha, but Hongki's voice is to die for...

Choi Kang Ju appreciation post lol
Now that the drama's over, I feel a little empty, and it makes me wonder "Okay, when's Hongki next drama?"


No comments:

Post a Comment